On September 24, 2015 at 5:30 P.M., at Brgy. Marambong, Pandan, Catanduanes, joint elements of Pandan MPS and CATPIS led by PO2 Adrian Eduard O Jana, arrested one Salveo Sta. Ana y Evangelista, 48 years old with live-in partner, delivery boy and a resident of Brgy San Roque, Pandan, Catanduanes caught in the act of collecting bets from unidentified bettor.
- a) two (2) pcs lengthwise yellow paper with number combination and corresponding amount and name of person written;
- b) five (5) pcs white papers with number combination and corresponding amount and name of person written;
- c) one (1) pc small notebook color green cover with number combination and corresponding amount written;
- d) one (1) pc black ballpen with blue cover (pinoy SJ-528);
- e) one (1) pc 1,000 peso bill with serial number CM654329;
- f) one (1) pc 500 peso bill with serial number NR095991;
- g) three (3) pcs 100 peso bill with serial number XY844796, PG743520, LA844323;
- h) four (4) pcs 50 peso bill with serial number PW4880079, QK919861, PW894538, PW629977;
- i) five (5) pcs 20 peso bill with serial number DK335400, TW255305, C330703, GR230227, ZC526014;
- j) two (2) pcs 10 peso Coins;
- k) sixteen (16) pcs 5 peso coins;
- l) thirteen (13) pcs 1 peso coins and
- m) one (1) pc body bag color black with markings adidas.
Arrested suspect was informed of his Constitutional Rights and Rights against Torture and Violence in a dialect known to him to which he conformed that he fully understood the same and subsequently brought to Pandan MPS for booking procedure and undergone medical examination at Pandan District Hospital, Pandan this province.
A case for violation of R.A. 9287 (Comprehensive Law Increasing the Penalty of Illegal Number Games) was filed by Pandan MPS against the aforesaid suspect before the Provincial Prosecutors Office, Virac, this province thru inquest procedure docketed under NPS Nr. V-II- INQ-00110.
Aforesaid suspect waived his right provided under Art,. 125 of RPC and presently under the custody of Pandan MPS pending the preliminary investigation.